Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Week in France

This week, we continue testing our SAP system which is to be implemented globally. The process is slow and very few scripts have succeeded on the first pass. While this is a bit frustrating, I am finally getting my hands on the system and learning how it works. This is great as the last three years, I have focused mostly on standardized business rules and data mapping with only an abstract concept of how these would be applied in SAP.

Right now, I am just about the only American on the team who is staying in Ruiel Malmason, France. Almost all co-workers who are here this week (mostly non-Americans) are staying in downtown Paris. I'm looking forward to Monday when the rest of my American team arrives. Eating alone hasn't made for the most exciting evenings. Plus, this week I have started back on my low-carb diet. It's a bit difficult knowing what to order while I still can't read half of the French menu descriptions. Breakfast is also a challenge. I'm cooking breakfast in the hotel microwave, alternating days between bacon & eggs and quesadillas (I brought my own low-carb wraps with me). Last night, I simply walked along the Seine river (pronounced "sin"). I took this picture (right) of myself standing on a dock.
This weekend, I think that I will be on my own. I'm going to finally hit Notra Dame and maybe Pompidou, a modern art museum. Or, I may just do whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

No comments: