Friday, May 2, 2008

It's good to be home!

I was asked to go to Nashville this week. They told us that we didn't absolutely have to go if we'd been traveling extensively. Politically, I probably should have gone. But sometimes you have to put family first. I've seen very little of my two year old son over the last month. I even missed his birthday a couple of weeks ago. Sure, we had a party for him when I got back but it's just not quite the same.

Usually, when not traveling, I work from home. Yes, I could drive across town if I wanted to. But, I share a large office space with two other people and am on conference calls most of the day. I can't exactly put the phone on speaker and I feel that my talking on the phone all day would be a bit bothersome to them. I haven't been into my Lexington office for several months. I'm going to go in on Monday as I have a meeting to attend. It'll be nice to see old faces and meet the new hires. So much has changed this year at the plant. It'll be fun to walk around and see the new plant layout in action.

I return to France on Mother's day. I'll be there for two weeks. Then in June, I'm back for 2 1/2 weeks. But in June, I bring my family. Am I crazy to be bringing a two year old on such a long airplane ride? I imaging it'll be hard to keep the kid in his seat. Oh well. At least I know I'll have someone small in the seat next to me... more room to stretch out!

No comments: